Do you follow certain authors and get excited when identifying new must-reads that turn out to be page-turners you just can’t put down. If so than read on, this may be just the opportunity for you.
Bookish.com is seeking a highly proactive and motivating Chief Technology Officer to help take it’s book recomendation and e-commerce platform to the next level. From a technology perspective you’ll be working with the latest open source stack (Scala, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, AWS). From a team perspective you’ll be working with a highly motivated and skilled engineering group both in house and off-shore.
Bookish.com officially launched in February. The traction and adoption has been overwhelmingly positive.
Life at Bookish
The CTO will be leading a driven, motivated, and talented team that believes in working hard and good work-life balance.
Work Environment: Laid back and fun, High-energy, transparent, flat-structured, highly collaborative.
- ship product on schedule
- work closely with head of product to execute on product roadmap
- manage deliverables and priorities in a shifting environment
- provide leadership and inspiration
- recommendations and proposing architecture solutions in a fast-paced market and development environment
- steering the overall technical direction of the platform
Desired Skills & Experience
- Substantial experience as a senior manager (CTO/VP) running a fast paced Consumer Web environment.
- A very strong work ethic combined with great leadership and management skills.
- The ability to work in a close and supportive team environment and to work collaboratively with other members of senior management and the overall team
- Agile/Scrum Management in Scala based environment ideal, otherwise Java or Python environment preferred
- Sensitivity to what makes for an effective front end experience.
- A positive attitude and good sense of humour!
Bookish is an all-in-one website that uses patent pending technology to provide a book-centric, contextual and personalized experience, all with the goal of helping readers find their next book. We serve smarter book recommendations, original book lists and articles, and author and book pages for classics and new favorites.
Editorially independent, Bookish features great content about books and authors from a variety of publishers. Bookish’s eighteen genre pages and unique topics pages feature articles, Essential book lists and other book-related stories.
Bookish, LLC was founded by Hachette Book Group, Penguin Group (USA) and Simon & Schuster.