Director of Digital Marketing and Customer Acquisition
Founded in 2011, and headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, LUX LED Lighting was born from Mighty Bright, a leader in portable LED lighting technology with roots in manufacturing dating back to 1985. Our emphasis on design ensures every aspect of our LUX LED products is formed with the user in mind, thoughtfully blending style, versatility and feature-rich solutions.
After seeing enormous success in the hospitality and commercial markets, an unexpected side effect emerged. We found ourselves fielding daily inquiries from hotel guests asking to buy one of the lights in their hotel room from us. As demand continues to build, we have made the decision to offer our award-winning LED lights direct to consumers through ecommerce.
With this in mind, we are seeking an expert in Direct to Consumer Online Marketing to help guide our digital marketing efforts. As Director of Online Marketing, you will develop and manage a broad strategy to make LUX LED a household name via paid and unpaid search strategies, Facebook advertising, influencer marketing via social influencers and strong corporate communications across Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat etc.
The site is in stealth mode at this time, and we’re looking to secure a Director of Digital Marketing & Customer Acquisition to launch our product to the masses.
Come join our incredible team!
Our Office Environment: Santa Barbara is a beautiful and historic coastal town ripe with culture, beautiful ocean views, a laid-back vibe, and a climate that can’t be beat. Our offices are a mere three-minute drive to the beach and conveniently located near the freeway and historic Old Town Goleta.
Our Office Culture: We are preparing to move into a larger office space to accommodate our growing team. Our LED will lights adorn the office walls and ceilings providing an eco-friendly environment, designed to inspire creativity.
Your Benefits: 401K with 3% company contribution, 3 weeks PTO, 7 paid holidays, health insurance w/ $245 per month company funding.
Your Perks: Free espresso, casual dress code, plus the annual beach side company picnic, Holiday breakfast (cooked by the CEO), and Holiday party.
Position Title: Director, Online Marketing & Customer Acquisition
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience developing and driving social media influencer campaigns, specifically with Instagram.
- Ability to balance a highly analytical, metrics focused approach with the strong creative mind needed to develop breakthrough campaigns.
- Experience in setting up and managing Google Analytics and Mixpanel.
- Excellent knowledge of social media, SEO, content marketing and advertising.
- Experience with Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) and best practices in SEO & experience with Google Search Console and other tools like MOZ or SearchMetrics
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to create compelling content.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Shopify, and Mailchimp.
- Experience with web video marketing and rich content display ads.
- Strong analytical ability and reporting skills
- Qualified candidates will have strong Digital Marketing experience scaling a B2C E-Commerce company with strong preference for experience at a Direct to Consumer brand.
- Experience with strategizing digital customer acquisition and growth marketing across multiple platforms.
- Experience developing and implementing complex omni-channel marketing campaigns across various web properties and social platforms.
- Report to our Marketing Director and work alongside the executive team to drive revenue growth, while determining the channels LUX LED Lighting should focus on.
- Build successful user acquisition campaigns online and offline.
- Use a data-driven approach to identify the highest possible areas of impact across the customer’s journey.
- Build, design and push segment-specific strategies for all growth-related channels while leading efforts to test and optimize new channels.
- Direct management of social media e-commerce advertising strategy.
- Keen interest in developing end-to-end reporting on campaign performance and business impact.
- Track record of using data to form insights and test hypotheses and deploying those learnings to produce material business wins.
- Shorthand knowledge and extensive experience managing Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Google Display Network accounts. Google certification a plus.
- Experience with crafting and managing digital marketing ad budgets.
- Insatiable desire for data analysis, and reporting.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Deep understanding of e-commerce best practices and consumer-facing retail marketing.
- Understanding of digital marketing attribution modeling methodologies, including last click and time decay attribution.
- Confidence to try new things, challenge the status quo, and guide marketing direction through data driven findings.
- Enthusiastic “can-do” energy and a willingness to learn from failures with a positive attitude.