ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
FreeWheel is hiring a New York-based Director of Engineering who reports to the VP, Engineering R&D.
FreeWheel helps the television industry generate revenue from their premium content through a robust technology platform, which enables consumers to watch entertainment on any devices from PC, mobile, set-top box to traditional TV.
FreeWheel New York Engineering Team is part of our global engineering team who are building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to manage million dollar deals, handle billions of daily requests and process terabytes of raw data every day.
- Scale and manage a smart, diverse and fast-growing New York based engineering team to build and maintain a world class SaaS platform
- Form technical strategy and design for the team and product as a visible engineering leader
- Partner with Product Management and Operations Team to deliver all releases on time with high quality
- Interface with global Engineering and Operations teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Execution focused leadership, guide the team while accomplishing the roadmap, both from a business and technical perspective
- Continuously improve processes to improve quality and throughput that are highly measurable
- Actively participate in the design, review and implementation procedure
- Proven and experienced engineering leader who has run both small and large teams in a dynamic organization with a mature process
- Experience building a software engineering team from the ground up including utilizing your network to identify qualified candidates, interviewing and being hands-on during the hiring process.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the team, establish an efficient and sophisticated communication with both technical teams and business-oriented groups
- Known for smart, logical thinking and detail-oriented
- Ability to work cohesively in a global team-oriented culture and environment
- Knowledgeable of cutting-edge technology including but not limited to: ad tech, cable system (SCTE-130), Mobile, Web Services, Data (MySQL or Hadoop) and Linux system.
- Master’s degree in CS/EE or equivalent experience
- In-depth and hands-on experience with one or more of the following areas are strongly preferred
- Webview, networking and video playback stack in iOS, Android, HTML5 and other mobile platforms
- Video streaming protocols including HLS
- Golang based server development and performance tuning
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do.
We are on a mission to shape the future of television, and help hundreds of millions of people, including your friends and family, even your grandma who is not on internet, to better enjoy their favorite entertainment program whenever and wherever they want to with their loved ones. This is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now? Apply here!
We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. At this time, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes, please. Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing inquiries. FreeWheel is an equal opportunity employer.