Duetti was founded in 2022 with the mission of providing independent music artists with new financial alternatives. Our unique model unlocks immediate cash flow for a wide range of artists, allowing them to sell master catalogs, individual tracks, or even parts thereof, an opportunity previously only accessible to a small group of A-list artists.
We deploy a highly scalable data-centered approach to our catalog pricing and management, using innovative prediction and risk assessment methodologies, alongside cutting-edge optimization tactics.
Duetti was founded by Lior Tibon, former COO of TIDAL, and Christopher Nolte, former Business Development executive at Apple Music. We publicly launched in May 2023 with $32m of funding from Viola Ventures and Viola Credit, Roc Nation, and other investors. Duetti provided funding for over 60 independent artists, with up to $400,000 per deal.
We have offices in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami. We offer a competitive benefit package including healthcare coverage and flexible paid time off and paid sick leave policy. We currently operate a hybrid work model with a minimum of three set days a week in office in one of our three locations.
Join us as we embark on this transformative journey reshaping the financial landscape for artists. We offer an inspiring and familial yet ambitious work environment, where your expertise and creativity will contribute to reshaping the future of artist monetization and have an immediate tangible impact on artists’ lives.
As Head of Finance, you will build and manage the internal finance function of the company. You will set up our internal processes and will provide detailed financial reporting and sophisticated analytics and forecasts to both internal and external stakeholders including the CEO, the board of directors, and our external finance partners.
The Head of Finance will own all the financial aspects of the company, including managing our accounting set-up and addressing our audit requirements, financial planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and cash flow management. You will be a critical part of our team, and will actively participate as a thought leader in shaping our financial strategy and overall business and operational practices. Duetti is an emerging fintech platform which is growing quickly, and finance stands at the core of everything the company does – our Head of Finance will have an exceptional opportunity to take part and impact our journey.
- Set up business processes and methods for our standalone internal finance function, including working with our CEO, accounting agency, prospective audit partners and other counterparties. You will work with the CEO on executing the first financial audit of the business for 2023.
- Plan and automate a set of critical financial reporting to the business for internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish core planning and budgeting processes and own the financial model of the company.
- Collaborate closely with our data team to extract deep analytical insights and data views to support the financial management of the business, as well as with other parts of the business (such as our sourcing team and Head of Legal) to form the appropriate business processes and reporting methods for financial reporting and risk management purposes.
- Plan the finance team set-up and hire over time additional team members (as a first step, we plan two additional hires to report to the Head of Finance to be hired during H1 2024).
- At least 7 years of experience in financial roles (FP&A, investment banking or similar) with specific track record of financial reporting and financial modeling. Some start-up experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with managing multiple and a complicated set of stakeholders (both internal and external) such as senior management, audit partners and outside investors.
- Proven attention to detail, strong work ethic and enthusiasm of working in an early stage start-up environment which requires “self starters” and problem solvers.
- Strong motivation to lead the formation of a finance function “from scratch” and support the business as it grows significantly.