Head of Product Design « VOXY
Voxy is seeking a Head of Product Design to help propel its already successful learning platform to the next level. Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with Product, Marketing, and Technology, the Head of Product Design will be someone with a highly analytical mind, a passion for languages, and most importantly, empathy for and interest in helping people all around the world learn English.
- Manage and mentor a small multi-disciplinary design team
- Expand and improve upon established working UX and visual design processes
- Obtain and establish product goals based on internal product roadmap, customer feedback, and analytics.
- Concept and design wireframes, personas, process flows, user stories, and visual designs with the design team and engineering to build products and product interactions
- Plan and facilitate workshops with designers, engineers and leadership stakeholders
- Write research participant screeners and work with external recruiting firm to find participants
- Plan and facilitate ethnographic and usability research then collaboratively analyze/synthesize findings into key insights to share with project teams
- Use a variety of analysis methods including in-person and remote usability testing, paper prototyping, expert reviews, card sorts, contextual inquiries, and task analyses
- Concept and design solutions for complex interaction and interface problems through sketches, detailed wireframes and full visual designs
- 8+ years hands-on digital product experience doing visual and user experience design
- 3+ years managing teams, defining process, and setting best practices
- Strong experience in primary and secondary research methods to gain key insights and translate those insights into product opportunities and enhancements
- Ability to focus on the big picture problems as well as get into the nitty gritty interface and interaction details.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships and work collaboratively across internal organizations and various roles (designers, engineers, product managers, etc.)
- Ability to switch gears, juggle multiple projects, and work within tight deadlines
- Confident using relevant software tools for designing interfaces and other supporting material (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Great written and verbal presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design or Psychology is preferred
- Master’s in Interaction Design or HCI is a plus
- Experience and passion working with language learning tools a plus
- Multilingual (especially Spanish and/or Portuguese) a plus