The Flowr Corporation (TSXV: FLWR), through its subsidiaries, is a Canadian cannabis company focused on the natural science of cannabis. With head offices in Toronto, ON and production in Kelowna, BC, Flowr builds and operates large-scale, GMP designed cultivation facilities utilizing its own patented growing systems. Flowr’s investment in research and development enables its cultivation team to supply patients with consistent, high-quality medicinal cannabis. With a sense of craftsmanship and a spirit of innovation, Flowr also produces a line of premium quality cannabis products for the adult-use market.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Co-CEO Vinay Tolia with the ability to build a team as needed.
Location: Toronto, Canada
Flowr is seeking an experienced business and technology leader that will be primarily responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of the company’s technology and data-driven strategies. Under strategic direction from the CEO and President, the Head of Technology will lead and manage the implementation of information systems that will create efficiencies that produce superb unit economics and sustainable competitive advantages. As they expand their offering and capabilities both domestically and internationally, the Head of Technology’s ideas and contributions will be critical to the successful scale of the company. Flowr is committed to becoming a leading player in the cannabis industry by leveraging technology, artificial intelligence and real-time data to facilitate best in class cultivation and delivery of premium cannabis products to consumers globally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and tactical vision and leadership for the organization in all aspects of Information Technology.
- Create criteria and standards for software and hardware selection and implementation.
- Collaborate with teams across Flowr’s business departments, including Finance, Operations, Sales and Marketing, to determine what systems and data will be necessary to support the company’s objectives.
- Identify applications and infrastructure that will improve plant production, create operational efficiencies, increase productivity, and support timely delivery of cannabis products to partners.
- Identify and build an ecosystem of tools to capture, store, and ready data for different business cases, including predictive modeling and business process optimization.
- Assess competitive opportunities and emerging market trends to continuously drive technological innovation, which may extend to strategic partners
- Develop, maintain and manage an Information Systems Strategic Plan that establishes financial, quality and operating objectives and monitors performance metrics, best practices and continuous improvement.
- Work with leadership to develop tools and techniques for monthly business operating reviews, organizational health scorecards and performance metrics, including KPIs
- Serve as the Security Officer ensuring compliance with legislation governing the use and collection/confidentiality of patient information and computer crime.
- Hire and build a high-performing IT team
- Provide cross-functional leadership
- BS degree in Computer Science (or similar) and at least 10 years work experience in all phases of IT operations.
- MBA or Masters equivalent in business, computer science, management engineering, or related field of study
- Held senior level IT position for a company that sells CPGs
- Thorough knowledge of cloud-based supply chain solutions for manufacturing enterprises, including ERP, SCP and MES
- Demonstrated expertise in IT strategic planning, systems selection and implementation
- A blend of strong business competencies which guarantee strategic IT planning in alignment with operational requirements and feasibility for greater efficiency and profit growth.
- Superior interpersonal skills and team-first attitude
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Strong decision-making abilities and attention to detail
- The ability to problem solve, develop solutions, create detailed assessments and execution plans