Built by DataArt, DeviceHive is an open source Machine to Machine (M2M) framework that makes any connected device part of the Internet of Things (IoT). It provides a set of services and components that allow establishing a two-way communication with remote devices using cloud as a middleware. The devices can be anything connected: sensor networks, smart meters, flee trackers, telemetry, or smart home devices.
Reporting to the co-founder of DeviceHive (and Chief Innovation Officer at DataArt), the Online Marketing Manager will be responsible for the cultivation and communication of the brand and marketing strategy as a partner, leader, and doer.
The ideal candidate is a creative and energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead the strategic planning and execution of all marketing and PR initiatives.
- Develop and execute consistent and compelling key messages conveying the passion and unique niche of the company
- Build a content roadmap and tailor messages to the needs of our audience by segment and persona
- Research and make recommendations for new topics and content types based on trends within the IoT/M2M space
- Own the blog on DeviceHive.com, regularly producing content that drives traffic and engagement
- Serve as a storyteller, developing compelling content that inspires and moves prospects into action
- Ensure that all content is optimized for search engine
- Distill technical information into powerful presentation content for various stakeholders including analysts, customers and sales prospects
- Help to develop content metrics and track content performance
- Manage social media strategy and deployment of content across key channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Slideshare, Facebook, YouTube and Google+
- Build social media relationships with influencers in the IoT/M2M market
- Conceive, plan and manage marketing events, including speaking engagements
- Build out the marketing team as DeviceHive grows
- Experience in the marketing function within a SAAS or similar software/hardware/platform environment
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- A passion for technology, familiar with technology publications, blogs and events.
- A good understanding of the IoT/M2M space is an asset.
- Experience working at a startup that has seen tremendous growth
- Experience talking to the technical press
- Ability to accelerate growth in a fast cycle business where both products and the user experience/customer expectations are changing rapidly
- Strong experience in Product Marketing and Content Creation
- Experience in developing and implementing successful strategies based on an understanding of market drivers, trends, competitive positions, opportunities and resources in a fast cycle business
- Able to lead cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with colleagues globally
- Strong understanding of online advertising, specifically with campaign management (google adwords, paid search etc.)
- Organized and able to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Experience with budget allocation and management