FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
FreeWheel is hiring a New York-based Revenue and Sales Operations Manager, reporting to the Director, Revenue & Sales Operations. This team is responsible for overseeing global business operations within the FreeWheel Markets Business Unit and driving revenue growth by leading cross-functional strategic initiatives and major partnership efforts. This involves the design and implementation of global KPI’s, management of cross-functional strategic initiatives, process definition and implementation, assessment and ownership of 3rd party partners, and comprehensive business reviews within the FreeWheel Markets Business Unit. This function will be responsible for recommending and implementing strategic improvements to drive additional publisher and buy-side revenues, decrease operating cost, improve sales operations efficiency, and enable increased Engineering and Product Management output.
This role will require constant collaboration with all functions in the BU, including DSP and Demand Sales, Account Management, Publisher Sales, Product Management, and Engineering. It also serves as a central point of contact for shared FreeWheel corporate functions (e.g., Finance, Legal, Marketing) to obtain performance metrics of the BU. The focus is to provide increased visibility to the Markets BU and FreeWheel/Comcast executive leadership on overall business performance and be a leader in implementing operational and strategic improvements to drive revenue.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Support cross-functional strategic evaluations of new business opportunities with a focus on the market landscape, competitive positioning, valuation, and ROI analysis
- Own comprehensive business reviews to report on BU performance, as well as recommendations on and implementation of strategic and operational improvements to increase revenues and decrease costs
- Key sales operations responsibilities, including Demand and Supply process definition/implementation, rate card/pricing analysis, and pipeline management in coordination with leadership across all functions in the Markets BU
- Support the Markets BU Deal Approval Desk, which includes developing guidelines and pricing strategy for Markets service offerings. Collaborate with legal in defining of set of contract templates that can be used for different market segments and customer needs
- Lead the assessment and business development discussions with potential 3rd party partners within the Markets Business Unit
- Design, implementation, and monitoring of Global KPI’s and development of executive facing dashboards to track performance of the FreeWheel Markets Business Unit across all functions
- Financial consolidation and performance reporting to key FreeWheel corporate functions and Comcast leadership (e.g., Business Unit GM’s)
In order to be successful, this person must thoroughly understand:
- FreeWheel’s technology, service offerings, capabilities, and organizational structure
- The Online Video or TV advertising ecosystem and how various parties involved work and interact (e.g., SSPs, Ad Servers, DSPs, Trading Desks, etc.)
- How to extract and analyze complex and diverse data
This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction with FreeWheel senior leadership. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly connect the dots between all functions with the goal of executives looking to you for advice and guidance.
This position will require some international travel
- 5+ years’ experience with a background from programmatic advertising companies, Linear TV networks, content publishers, media agencies, or media/tech focused management consultancies
- Strong familiarity with the competitive landscape and operational models of Ad Serving Companies, Supply Side Platforms (SSPs), Demand Side Platforms (DSPs), Media Agencies, and Trading Desks
- Ability to independently structure and build presentations at all levels of insight across all functions (e.g., executive level strategy, in-depth data readouts, pain-point identification)
- Ability to connect the dots between functions, identify areas for operational improvements through quantitative analysis, and drive implementation of recommendations
- Proven experience working with complex datasets and building tactical and executive facing dashboards
- Strong financial analysis skills, ability to extract data where it may not be readily available, and interpretation of complex metrics into actionable insights for revenue driving / cost saving decisions
- Excellent business judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills that result in the ability to work effectively and efficiently across all functions in the business (sales, account management, support, product, engineering)
- Experience with international media and advertising ecosystem a plus
- Passion for building new businesses and working in a rapidly changing market
In addition, we highly value individuals who are:
- Highly motivated to work for a leading growth technology business
- Optimistic with a strong sense of humor
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun every day because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer