About London Stock Exchange Group
London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) is an international markets infrastructure business. Its diversified global business focuses on capital formation, intellectual property and risk and balance sheet management. LSEG operates an open access model, offering choice and partnership to customers across all of its businesses. The Group can trace its history back to 1698.
The Group operates a broad range of international equity, ETF, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS (a European fixed income market); and Turquoise (a pan-European equities MTF). Through its platforms, LSEG offers market participants, unrivalled access to Europe’s capital markets. The Group also plays a vital economic and social role, enabling companies, including SMEs, to access funds for growth and development.
Through FTSE Russell, the Group is a global leader in financial indexing, benchmarking and analytic services with approximately $15 trillion benchmarked to its indexes. The Group also provides customers with an extensive range of data services, research and analytics through The Yield Book, Mergent, SEDOL, UnaVista, XTF and RNS.
On 1 August 2019, LSEG announced that it had agreed to acquire Refinitiv (the Transaction), a global provider of market and financial data, analytics and workflow solutions, from a consortium of funds affiliated with Blackstone as well as Thomson Reuters. The proposed acquisition of Refinitiv, which is expected to complete in the second half of 2020 (subject to regulatory approval), would transform LSEG’s position as a leading global Financial Markets Infrastructure Group, significantly accelerating the execution of its strategy. Refinitiv brings highly complementary capabilities in data, analytics and capital markets, as well as deep customer relationships across a truly global business. The businesses share a commitment to open access and to partnering with customers to deliver innovative solutions across the financial markets value chain.
The Senior Manager will play a key role in FTSE Russell Equity Index Product Research function in North America which is part of the Information Services Division (ISD) of the London Stock Exchange Group (LESG). The role, based in New York reports to the Head of Equity Index Product Research Americas.
The Equity Index Product Research team is responsible for the development of equity indexes, index related and wider investment related research topics. The team works closely with both internal front and back office functions and FTSE Russell’s partners and key clients, including major asset owners, fund managers and investment banks in the creation of new products and supporting research.
This involves the use of fundamental and quantitative techniques to design and provide equity index solutions and analysis. The team is global, with members in London, New York Hong Kong and Taipei. Working with a team of Research Analysts and key stakeholders from the Product Management, Sales, Technology, Governance and Marketing functions, the individual will play a key role in supporting the integration efforts, as well as have a focus on delivering the equity index product development strategy, associated research and the promotion of specific commercial offerings. Key areas of responsibility include:
In addition to supporting the planning for Integration and execution, the role will:
- Play a key role in the business activities of the North American Equity Index Product Research team
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the development of new equity products, indexes and methodologies
- Coordinate with the Product Management team on the production of indexes and support product plans and client adoption
- Support and influence the development and growth of the equity product suite across key client segments
- Work collaboratively with Wealth Product Management and Refinitiv Wealth team on research and development of equity index solutions designed for private wealth clients. Familiarity of Wealth channels is highly desirable.
- Play a key role with client-facing teams and strategic clients in the marketing and promotion of new and existing equity indices
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on the equity index product offering
- Conduct on-going research on all related matters to the equity product segment
- Drive process change to achieve improvements in operational risk across the division
- Integrity: As a very visible leader it is imperative that the candidate demonstrates the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, leading by example.
- Partnership: The candidate will be required to work collaboratively with colleagues across the business (Product, Governance, Legal, Index Management and Global Sales). They must demonstrate a strong collaborative approach with clients and business partners.
- Innovation: the candidate must demonstrate the ability to anticipate and react to evolving market conditions in order to maximise opportunities and manage risks. Additionally, the candidate must be amenable to new ideas and processes and able to seek input from colleagues and clients.
- Excellence: This is a delivery-focused role, requiring high levels of energy, a strong commitment and focus.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
It is expected that with limited supervision the individual will deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above, working to strict deadlines and to the highest degree of accuracy. The individual should therefore have:
- Deep knowledge of quantitative investment portfolio techniques, including portfolio simulation and construction approaches and risk and performance attribution
- Extensive equity investment analytics experience: 7+ years on buy or sell sides with a keen understanding of the investment process and product developments in the Wealth segment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of global financial markets and products, encompassing equities, currencies, and exchange-traded products
- Mathematical and statistical background with knowledge of Matlab, Python, SQL or similar
- Post-graduate degree in a quantitative discipline
- Track record of developing equity indexes from idea conception to benchmark creation and the ability to manage a team to strict deadlines with competing priorities to deliver
- Proven ability to work with global clients including asset owners, investment consultants, and asset managers and a deep understanding of the investment process
- Experience in business and strategy development and decision making in global organizations
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Ability to work in a demanding Front Office environment and cross-functionally with different teams within the Information Services Division and the wider LSE Group
TYPE OF PERSON
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and responsive to change.
- Logical and structured approach.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Team player
- Highly self-motivated