Our client is a global digital media platform that programmatically connects advertisers to audiences across all addressable channels and is looking to identify an SVP or Product and Engineering reporting into the Global CEO.
Location: Position based in New York with global responsibilities.
The SVP of Product and Engineering’s role is to assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission through development and deployment of the company’s product and engineering team. This requires envisioning product and service offerings, leading implementation of strategy, and planning for risk and growth. The SVP of P&E plays an integral role in setting the strategic direction, development and future growth, while ensuring the company continues to be the leader in the programmatic media industry.
You will collaborate with and lead a group of quick witted, humorous, and extremely dedicated employees who are all passionate about building solutions to help evolve the digital media industry. Everyone at the company has a voice, and we are open to new ways of thinking, especially those that will contribute to the overall success of the business. Opinions and ideas are always welcome, in fact, they are encouraged!
- Manage and evolve a global team of product management and engineering leaders.
- With the assistance of your team execute on the following responsibilities.
Strategy & Planning
- In partnership with the executive team, identify opportunities and risks for delivering products and services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Assure development of fundamental technologies offering clear competitive advantage for current and future businesses.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering products and services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all products.
- Participate as a member of the executive team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of product development, network infrastructure and engineering.
- Collaborate with and influence relevant resources within internal media group to assess and recommend technologies that support organizational and business needs.
- Communicate technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Initiate activities and policies that create a technology-friendly culture aligned with the company’s business strategy.
Implementation & Deployment
- Consult with P&E leadership team to select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors and partners.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate key stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- University degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or another rigorous discipline. An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus.
- Prior experience managing product or engineering organizations.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.