Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to tackle the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
Are you an engineer who is passionate about delivering a high impact platform through well-architected services, strong development practices and durable systems? Do you want to work closely with engineers, quants, and traders who will push boundaries of design and scale? CTC is seeking a Sr. SQL Database Platform Administrator to join our Data Platform team. We are responsible for the design, development, and operations of CTC’s data platform foundation. You will utilize your experience and team to deliver a valuable data platform from roadmap planning, POCs, design and hands-on implementation in our dynamic research-driven trading firm.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to design and implement database strategies and schemas.
- Support production database systems, solve issues and optimize queries.
- Build proactive monitoring to understand database performance and identify problems.
- Work with other teammates to plan strategic direction and architecture of database systems.
- Design, implement and maintain database standards and best practices to enable evolving business needs.
- Develop comprehensive user documentation pertaining to server and database architecture.
What We’re Looking For
- Deep experience delivering business critical Microsoft SQL Server databases by designing for anticipated user needs and ongoing feature development
- In-depth understanding of T-SQL and query/index tuning skills.
- Deep experience administering a multi-server, multi-region, production SQL Server database environment
- Familiarity with Snowflake is a plus
- Experience using PowerShell/Python/Java/C++/Git for automating tasks is a plus
What it takes to be successful:
- You are a highly motivated, humble, and collaborative team member
- You can optimally communicate sophisticated ideas both written and verbally
- Formal finance training is not required