Futurestay is an award winning operating system for short-term rental owners and managers. Our product empowers our customers (“rentalpreneurs”) to start and grow thriving businesses in the rapidly scaling $120B short-term rental industry. You will join a fast growing and highly talented product and design team that’s creating the next generation of software to meet this massive market opportunity. The Senior Product Design Lead role offers opportunity for professional growth, freedom to execute in a fast moving, non-bureaucratic environment, and to be part of a highly talented, energized team. If you’re looking for a role with incredible potential for impact, a consumer-like customer, and the functional clarity of a B2B SaaS product, we’d love to speak with you.
*** While this role can be 100% remote, team members in the NY metro and surrounding areas enjoy collaborating several times per month in our Darien, CT, office. We are also very committed to broader-team offsites/onsites several times per year. ***
What you’ll do
- Help us get better at solving customer problems more effectively: You’ll work across our entire team, but particularly closely with the Product and Engineering teams to research and break down user problems, rapidly prototype potential solutions, proactively solicit feedback on those ideas, and evaluate their effectiveness. You’ll act on your own recommendations to most efficiently capture customer feedback and draw out insights.
- Partner with Product Leadership to build Futurestay’s short and long-term product roadmap. You’ll play a major role in shaping what Product and Design look like at Futurestay, both in terms of the product and the teams.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering to make sure that our user experience is top notch and that when we implement features, they’re doing what we want them to do. You’ll have a say in the tools and processes we use to improve the overall user experience, and you’ll communicate the results of these efforts to the broader team.
- Partner with our Marketing team to ensure the customer experience is consistent across the Marketing and Product experiences. You’ll evolve our design system and brand palette with our design and engineering teams to ensure we’re able to iterate quickly with a high degree of quality.
- Develop an effective and sustainable cadence of research and feedback processes to ensure we’re continuously honing our user experience focus. You’ll figure out what activities are impactful, and eliminate those that don’t drive better experience outcomes for customers and internal users. You’ll have the support of our leadership team to conduct qualitative and quantitative research and develop the design critique and feedback system Futurestay needs.
- Continuously communicate the outcomes of user research and design efforts to the broader team and our investor and advisor community. You’ll find the right cadence and depth of updates to stakeholders as well as to the broader team, ensuring that Design projects have visibility and alignment at every level of the company.
- You’ll help to coach and mentor our current design team members, and you’ll work with our leadership team to identify how we should build out the Design team.
What we’d love to see
- 7+ years of UX/UI design experience in a Product Design role for desktop and mobile web experiences; iOS and Android app experience strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience designing consumer and/or ecommerce products. SaaS product experience strongly preferred. Experience designing customer-facing interfaces as well as internal support interfaces is also preferred.
- An exceptional portfolio that highlights your knowledge of interaction and visual design, information architecture, and typography — and case studies that demonstrate your process from research through ideation, execution, evaluation, and iteration.
- Demonstrable experience defining usable and accessible designs that can scale to millions of consumer users, while integrating with enterprise-grade platforms.
- Passion for working with fast-moving cross-functional teams to iterate on and measure ideas quickly. Substantial experience with large-scale feature testing is strongly preferred.
- Experience reviewing product usage data to identify customer experience insights, the ability to form hypotheses, and approaches for how to test potential solutions.
- Excitement about – or at least diligence for – dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s: Design is jointly responsible for ensuring quality delivery, which includes consideration for both frontend and backend, and how we can collaborate to improve both.
- Ability to think about Futurestay’s business holistically and granularly. We’re a rapidly-evolving company and team and we’re operating in a rapidly-evolving industry, and we rely on our team members to bring us candid, constructive feedback about both the product and the business.
- Enthusiasm for supporting small businesses and rentalpreneurs is a must. Our customers rely on us to keep their operations humming, and we need to be relentlessly focused on smoothing the bumps in their growth journeys.
- Direct travel tech experience is definitely helpful, but not required. Excitement for how technology and great tools can enable incredible host and guest experiences is essential.
Traits that would contribute to success in this role:
- Passion for a great end-to-end user experience, with the experience to know that while perfection is a long-term goal, progress is something we can achieve every day. Sweating the details is crucial, but so is being able to navigate ambiguity, and prioritizing which details are worth sweating throughout the evolving customer experience journey.
- Excitement about getting to the root of a problem space to figure out more comprehensive, non-obvious solutions.
- The ability to navigate between the highs and lows of early-stage startup life.
- The ability to take feedback from all directions – and the ability to coach others on providing more constructive, collaborative feedback.
- Excitement about building a design org that supercharges our ability to scale.
- An innate sense of ownership and responsibility: a natural inclination to do great work with the team and to build great experiences for users.
Futurestay is committed to competitive compensation, and as a growing startup, we regularly evaluate our total compensation packages to make sure we are taking care of our team members. We value diversity of background and experience, and commit to making hiring decisions based upon the character traits and capabilities that correlate to being successful in this job. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application!