Systems Engineer (Juniper)
WeWork is the fastest-growing collaborative workspace community in the world – we are the community for creators. We transform buildings into beautiful, collaborative workspaces and provide infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. We currently have 19 locations in six cities in the US with 11,500 members, and growing fast domestically and internationally.
The success of WeWork is the result of a collaborative effort by a group of talented and outstanding team members who challenge convention at every opportunity and take pride in building community.
Reporting to to the VP Information Technology the Systems Engineer will be responsible for aiding the IT Infrastructure group with development and installation of technical solutions for any network need that may arise. The ideal candidate will be analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing the network infrastructure and application components. This position reports to the Principal IT Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for ensuring the proper day-to-day operations of Wework’s network and VOIP telephony systems. The following highlights the daily responsibilities and experience required to be considered for the position:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Monitors Help Desk Network Queue and resolves open tickets.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
- Maintain a thorough understanding of DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, etc.
- Maintain Juniper MX/SRX routers, VPN, and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Works closely with IT leaders and Network Engineers learning the IT Infrastructure.
- Provides networking technical support for wework field operations.
- Sets up test environments to test new networking ideas or projects to improve our current Infrastructure
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Abstract thinking and the ability to work independently when required
- 3+ year experience with Juniper Routers and Switches
- 3+ years experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
- Knowledge of Cloud based VoIP environments and support
- Networking and troubleshooting skills on both Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Experience with Windows 2003/2008 Servers
- Experience with Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation.
- Experience with Data Center Infrastructure environments