Location: Position based in New York with global responsibilities.
Our client is the world’s largest digital audience buying company. Through its proprietary technology platform and deep expertise in this space, the company offers advertisers a single, comprehensive resource from which to reach and engage with global audiences across the universe of digital media.
Today the company operates a successful business as audience consultants, service providers, and experts in programmatic execution. To maintain a competitive edge in the ever changing media landscape the company will build next generation products and platforms that will change the game for our clients.
This is a high profile position with a wealth of opportunities for professional and personal growth. He/She will be hungry and ambitious to make his/her mark. He/She will be a thought leader and strategic thinker, playing a central role in evangelizing the supply side business amongst his/her peers within the company and publisher clients.
This position reports directly to the COO and is responsible for understanding and facilitating global assets for its supply side business.
The VP of Supply Products will lead the vision and execution of the supply side business globally. The supply side business leverages buying power to procure and liquidate media investments through a variety of demand sources. He/She will help identify and acquire desirable supply from publisher partners, in order to package and expose it to buyers both internally – fueling the the company Media Product business, and externally.
He/She should be prepared to develop and implement the necessary product roadmap based on current and evolving industry needs, engage with existing strategic partners and facilitate new relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to staff and lead a 2-4 person team to support the growth of the business.
- Manage the product organization in the context of a decentralized global technical organization.
- Interface with engineering counterparts to support rapid agile development.
- Create detailed business cases, technical specifications and maintain an active product roadmap to achieve both short and long-term strategic objectives.
- Drive detailed product requirements for cutting edge technical implementations of a supply side stack, both improving on existing technologies and designing new solutions.
- Design inventory evaluations, both in terms of media and data quality; define monetization strategies.
- Champion clients’ needs; ideate and push forward feature enhancements and software development that further support clients’ business while aligning with the company strategy.
- Own product commercialization plan, go-to-market strategies for all supply offerings along with associated packaging and pricing, service level agreements, etc.
- Drive efforts to evaluate application solutions, conducts supporting research in build vs. buy evaluations, and assesses technical partnerships to achieve business goals.
- Identify inefficiencies in processes and propose plans to streamline operations and lower costs without compromising the health of the business.
- Establish success metrics and assess product performance to promote retention.
- Operate effectively in a complex global organization; collaborate with key players within the larger the company supply organization.
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, the ability to think and act strategically and the tools and tactics necessary to implement that strategy.
Delivery of Business Outcomes
- Accountable for the growth and profitability of a multi-million dollar book of business, managing budgets and resources accordingly, in an environment with high expectations for growth and delivery of billings and revenue goals at a global scale.
- Generate revenue through yield management and commercial agreements with demand and supply partners.
- Transition existing supply relationships to new stack, work with business and sales to cultivate new supply relationships and grow the business.
- Graduate degree in marketing, economics, statistics or related technical field is preferred; MBA is highly preferred
- 10+ years of product management experience with a focus on inventory management and technology; at least 5 years within the digital marketing industry
- Strong technical competence and advanced knowledge of digital marketing technology and platforms, including analytics, supply side platforms, networks, ad serving technology, data management platforms, RTB, DSPs across several digital media channels. (display advertising, video, mobile, social, etc.)
- Demonstrated success taking products to market and achieving ambitious, quantifiable business objectives
- Substantial experience working with broad cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams with ability to influence the opinions of internal constituencies, executives, clients and partners to adopt new strategies and take action.
- Exceptional communication skills to convey technical and advanced concepts in precise and clearly understandable terms to a variety of audiences.
- Sound business judgment and commercial acumen
- Strategic vision to predict new trends in digital marketing and implement sound strategies to capitalize on new business opportunities ahead of our competitors.
Our client is a global digital media platform that programmatically connects advertisers and publishers to audiences across all addressable channels. the company combines proprietary technology, unique data assets and exclusive media relationships with the brightest team of audience analysts, data scientists and software engineers. Advertisers working with the company achieve higher ROI from digital marketing campaigns. Publishers deliver relevant content and advertising to new and valuable audiences. the company works with over 2,700 clients across 32 markets in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.