Director Web Development
TheLadders is pushing the envelope on what it means to connect people with job opportunities with one simple mission. “The right person for the right job.”
We are looking for an intelligent engineering leader to inspire, manage, and mentor the web team of engineers. Working closely with product and design, and reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Director of Web Development will work with stakeholders in managing expectations and helping to set achievable goals in order to realize the companies objectives.
- Guide a world-class team of engineers in estimating projects, technical design and code reviews
- Interact with the product, UX and quality assurance teams to set priorities and resolve defects
- Hire, attract and retain top talent
- Grow the careers and skills of those who work for you
Some things we look for
- 10+ years experience as an engineer, with 3-5 years in a leadership role
- Technical expertise your team will respect
- A CS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience developing high traffic web applications
- Familiarity with Unix, Relational and NoSQL databases
- Excellent communicator, inspiring leader
- Experience adopting, rejecting and adjusting agile processes like XP, Scrum and Kanban
- Comfortable setting goals with the business and meeting them
- Proven track record of shipping outstanding product and code
Based in SoHo, we have one of the most open and advanced Agile workplaces in New York City. We practice continuous integration, test-driven development, peer code reviews, pair programming and collaborative design studios. You’ll be on the cutting edge of current software development best practices and in the position to assist in the introduction of new ones.
Beyond the day to day, we believe in helping our engineers continue to learn and grow. We invest heavily in training, conferences, and seminars for our team members. Some of the conferences and training seminars attended by our team members this year include WWDC, No Fluff Just Stuff, Strangeloop, Immersive Domain Driven
With the stated mission of finding “the right person for the right job,” we’re in the business of connecting jobseekers, recruiters and employers. We seek out motivated people who will dig deep into the emotional and business drivers of our customers and help them make meaningful connections. Individually and collectively we solve problems, not with a sense of obligation, but rather responsibility. Everyone is empowered to make the tough decisions which will make our products and services even more valuable to our customers.
We are a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth internet company that rewards meritorious performance. We work hard and play hard. We are a results-oriented, goal-driven team with a strong commitment to excellence.