Head of Product
PledgeMusic, a global direct-to-fan music company, is looking to secure its Head of Product for their New York offices.
This is a key hire at a key time for the company as it undergoes a complete design and experience overhaul. PledgeMusic puts music fans in the A&R seat by enabling them to support their favorite upcoming artist’s music projects. Artists connect with and build a fan-base like never before.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Product will own and drive PledgeMusic’s product vision. Upon start, you’ll work with the technology team to learn the ins and out of the platform and key user process flows (Fan, Artist, PledgeMusic Team). Through an iterative process you’ll meet with stakeholders and conduct a complete analysis of what’s been done and what’s desired for the road ahead. You’ll take a holistic approach in planning the site re-design and product action plan.
Ultimately you’ll help manage execution of product action plan and take ownership of all things product as the site and company evolves.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to play a huge part with a company disrupting the music creativity and artist engagement space.
- 8+ years agency and/or startup experience in consumer facing Product Management
- Knowledge of user-centered design processes, interaction design approaches, Web, Mobile and CRM design best practices and Web standards.
- A dynamic portfolio showing repeated success
- Deep expertise in interaction design principles and practice
- Great management, presentation, and communication skills
- Desire to be hands on and lead by example
- Excellent attention to detail and grasp of the big picture
- Highly collaborative, team oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for Music
- Obtain and establish product requirements based on internal product action plan, customer feedback, insights from analytics, and end-user feedback.
- Develop, prioritize, and promote design recommendations based on usability principles, testing, research, external research, best practices, and other data
- Create and design comprehensive wireframes and stories to be used by creative teams and engineering to skin and build product
- Recruit and screen usability test participants and maintain contact database, or work with external resources for recruiting test participants and administering tests and focus groups.
- Possess keen analytical ability, particularly with regards to insights into observed human behavior
- Conduct site visits/contextual inquiries, focus groups and/or other research to identify, understand, and prioritize user needs and workflows
- Work with stakeholders, development teams, designers and copywriters to provide guidance on design specifications
- Setting the overall product strategy and vision.
- Coming up with simple and creative solutions to the most complex problems.
- Getting things done and shipping product by saying no to 99% of feature ideas.
- Creating and executing simple yet elegant solutions