Vice President of People
About the company:
Boxed is the easiest and modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxed’s app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, and pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant, fun and close group of engineers, designers, marketers, and operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers.
The VP of People will be an integral part of the Executive Leadership team and will work with that group to help develop and implement the company’s growth strategy. You will provide guidance around building a strong organizational infrastructure to support the organization’s continued development. You will be responsible for recruiting, organization design and development, succession planning, benefits, compensation, employee relations, diversity, and learning and development programs.
- serve as a strategic partner to the executive team to build a world-class culture and successfully implement strategic and innovative human capital solutions supporting business growth and transformation.
- manage a team of HR Business Partners, People Operations, and Talent/Recruiting.
- apply expert knowledge in organizational assessment & design while developing, implementing and evaluating change management programs and organizational problem solving processes.
- partner with the executive team to plan for our short and long-term people needs and put in place the processes to get those people on the team.
- lead the organization to continue to deliver best-in-class people operations – including building the strategy and leading your team in recruiting and retention, performance management/internal review processes, learning and development and employee relations on-boarding, orientation, and training – to ensure our values and norms grow with the team.
- partner with your Total Rewards Team to manage benefit programs and programmatic compensation plans, including sales commission/bonus programs.
- promote cross-departmental alignment to ensure consistent application of processes and programs.
- build an environment in full compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence requirements; advising management on needed actions, and partnering closely with your team.
- develop policies and procedures that align with the business goals and perpetuate continuous improvement within the HR organization.
- be a role model and mentor on organizational design and assessment methodologies, standards and change leadership.
- design organization assessment tools to measure organizational health and create succession planning strategy & tools.
- provide best practice knowledge and solid data to assist and advise in data driven decision making for organizational design.
- provide coaching at all levels; assesses appropriate development solutions/intervention strategies.
- 10+ years direct Human Resources and People Operations experience, with 5+ years leading HR/People Ops/Talent Acquisition teams in high growth companies
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field and appropriate HR certifications
- Significant experience in senior HR leadership roles in a rapid growing, tech-focused organization with clear tenure of leadership and management of others.
- Track record of developing innovative and forward-thinking talent strategies and initiatives, and successfully scaling a compelling company culture.
- Proven success leading people/talent function at a high growth start-up or a high growth division within a larger company.
- Senior business executive who can add perspective and leadership beyond functional responsibility.
- Strong program/project management orientation to develop streamlined human resources programs and processes.
- Hands-on leader with the ability to attract a highly motivated and talented team.
- Deep appreciation for the importance of team design and people alignment.
- Financial and business acumen in addition to domain expertise.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits