Citadel is a global investment firm build around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measureable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations. With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professional, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.
A Citadel Core Services engineer architects, implements and operates globally distributed services used throughout the firm providing authentication, authorization, entitlement management and application management. We are looking for a self-directed candidate who can take ownership of services and drive requirements by interacting with other teams at Citadel. The right candidate is interested in pushing the status quo to enable other teams and in writing services in C++ with high performance and strict availability guarantees.
- Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful large scale systems and services in support of the developer ecosystem and investment professionals
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations
- Lead the design, write code, and ultimately deploy successful enterprise-level systems that will be leveraged for a broad set of business use cases.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that
demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment
- Architect, develop and maintain core C++ libraries using the C++17 standard
- Define Service Level Objectives for core services, and implement Slls appropriately
- Provide deep performance optimizations for distributed services to ensure high throughput and low latency
- Architect, design, implement new services and retrofit existing services for high availability and fast disaster recovery
- Negotiate requirements and provide support to other technology teams
- Implement Cl/CD pipelines for core libraries and distributed services
- Write and automate tests for existing and all new functionality
- Ensure the smooth running of distributed services
- 5+ years of experience on architecting, implementing, and running distributed systems/ services.
- Experience with Agile, Service Oriented Architecture, micro-services, containerization,distributed systems
- Experience with automating workflows
- Experience implementing Cl/CD pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.