TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans together through unique music and content experiences and is currently available in 52 countries.
The mission: to develop and maintain Tidal’s brand voice and visual identity across all assets, consumer facing or otherwise. This role requires significant creative experience and leadership in developing cross platform, cross media brand experiences.
As Creative Director you will collaborate with key stakeholders to establish and maintain a universal set of design aesthetics that transcend throughout all company materials and communication including mobile, social, desktop, print, OOH and email.
This person should be a passionate explorer of culture, music, technology, and brands, and have deep and diverse experience creating cross-platform narratives, with a focus on fan engagement through digital channels.
Highly creative and self-motivated, you are able to conceptualize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to all stakeholders. You know how to manage the creative process and execute from brief to final delivery. The Creative Director will be instrumental in telling our brand and product story, and in doing so deepen our engagement with various audiences including fans, consumers, artists, creators, labels, and the broader music industry.
- Partner with senior leadership, artist owners and our marketing/creative/product teams to develop the creative vision and execution
- Overseeing all creative deliverables from ideation to execution, working closely with our creative team and freelancers along the way
- Brand, product, and artist marketing programs for paid, owned, and earned channels
- Large-scale experiential programs such as Tidal X events
- Product demo and launch communications
- Providing creative direction to teams to ensure we’re aligned with program strategy
- Partner-oriented events and materials
- Copy, design and naming conventions for the platform
- Build and design creative assets for all team needs
- 12+ years of creative experience within an agency or marketing team
- Experience with non-traditional marketing
- Experience creating work for a youth audience
- Experience owning and driving large creative projects from start to finish
- A thorough understanding of and passion for creative problem solving, art direction, copywriting, and strategy
The TIDAL artist–owners are Alicia Keys, Arcade Fire’s Win Butler and Regine Chassagne, Beyoncé, Calvin Harris, Coldplay’s Chris Martin, Daft Punk, Damian Marley, deadmau5, Indochine, J. Cole, Jack White, Jason Aldean, Shawn “JAY Z” Carter, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, T.I. and Usher.
TIDAL brings music fans closer to their favorite artists and gives on-demand access to discover new music from our massive music and video catalog. TIDAL’s extensive catalog is supplemented by exclusive content, including exclusive videos and songs featuring the world’s top musicians, athletes and entertainers and up-and-coming independent artists. We offer not only access to exclusive digital content, but also the ability to participate in unique real life experiences such as concerts with established or emerging artists and other direct interactions between fans and their favorite artists.
Human curation is an important part of what we do at TIDAL, and we have an expert group of tastemakers to help select and promote emerging artists to a broader audience via our TIDAL Rising program. We also provide a choice of both premium and HiFi music quality that enables fans to experience music as the artists intended it to be heard.
TIDAL now offers Master Quality Authenticated technology, which is a way of compressing digital music without limitations to deliver guaranteed master-quality sound. This allows subscribers to hear music just as it was recorded in the studio; an audio experience as the artist intended.