We are excited to launch elovee, a healthcare startup focused on developing A.I. based technology to improve day-to-day care for seniors. Elovee was founded on the insight that we can improve the experience of aging through technology. With a primary focus on seniors with dementia, a population of 50 million globally and set to triple by 2050, we seek to eliminate loneliness and isolation. We combine data science, design and neuropsychology expertise to deliver comforting, empathetic voice and visual interactions with loved ones, available 24/7. Our aim is to be the world’s leading senior care platform, comforting seniors, empowering caregivers, and supporting relationships.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist interested in building systems to tackle loneliness and isolation in our senior community. The problems we face are challenging and meaningful. Our users are different from most others. They have different usage patterns, accessibility and usability concerns. Most off-the-shelf solutions don’t quite fit. We are an early stage product company. The scope of the problem is large and we have many interesting problems to work on. To be successful in this role you will need empathy, tenacity, the ability to set your own goals and obtain them, comfort working within ambiguity, rigorous attention to detail, and strong communication skills. We are looking for someone with professional experience as a data scientist who understands NLP, machine learning, and writes clean code.
As data scientist you will:
MODELING AND MACHINE LEARNING
- Define problems and opportunities in complex and ambiguous areas.
- Identify and curate datasets. Sometimes by cleaning and manually labeling them.
- Identify relevant algorithms and use them with our data to solve business and product problems.
- Present data and results to cross functional technical, non-technical, and executive stakeholders to drive understanding of our users, product, and state of ML/NLP.
DESIRED EXPERTISE & EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of start-up experience – working in an environment without a lot of resources, where priorities shift as we learnAbility to do “full stack” data science: from ETL and data warehousing, to modeling, to planning a production implementation and debugging various real world ML scenarios.
- Good knowledge of SQL, python, and the standard python ML stack.
- Experience working with deep learning models and libraries such as pytorch, tensorflow, and hugging face.
- Statistics for EDA and hypothesis testing.
- Ability to explain problems and solutions several ways to stakeholders at all levels of the org.
- Familiarity with conversational user interfaces and chatbots
At the core of elovee is our fundamental belief in the value of diversity, in all forms. We are an equal opportunity employer looking for great people with great hearts and great minds.