Flashpoint delivers Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) to empower business units and functions across organizations with a decision advantage over potential threats and adversaries. The company’s sophisticated technology and human-powered analysis enable enterprises and public sector organizations globally to bolster cybersecurity, confront fraud, detect insider threats, enhance physical security, assess M&A opportunities, and address vendor risk and supply chain integrity. Flashpoint is backed by Georgian Partners, Greycroft Partners, TechOperators, K2 Intelligence, Jump Capital, Leaders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, and Cisco Investments.
What we are looking for
We’re undertaking unprecedented work here at Flashpoint. Our challenges are at the forefront of threat intelligence, and the problems we’re solving demand a certain kind of mentality employing both traditional and nontraditional methodologies. We’re a group of tinkerers, white-hat hackers, and puzzle-driven engineers.
Challenges and long hours aside, we take time to decompress, remove ourselves from work, and mellow out as a team. Stopping to smell the roses is pretty much a prerequisite around here; it keeps us happy as individuals and promotes a healthy and empowering tight-knit culture for our team.
You’ve heard a little bit about us; now we’ve got some questions for you:
- Do you want to have a direct impact in making the world a safer place?
- Do you want to help solve complicated, real-world problems that require your sleeves to be rolled up well past your elbows?
- Do you like to tackle difficult challenges alongside a team of talented and intrepid colleagues?
- Do you like to have fun in a supportive, team-driven environment?
- Do you like debugging teams as much as you like debugging software?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, we won’t hold it against you, but we’re probably not a fit. If you made it past that peer-into-your-soul interrogation with all “Yeses”, then congratulations! You nurture an altruistic streak, you don’t shy away from an uphill battle, and you like to have fun alongside like-minded people. Us too!
We’re going to need people like you to help develop our cutting edge data delivery and analysis platform. There’s a tremendous amount of work for us on the road ahead, and we’re moving at ludicrous speed, so we’re looking for a comrade-in-arms to jump in and join our team trailblazing the Deep & Dark Web. If this sounds appealing, then we’d be very excited to hear from you.
Below is more about the role we have in mind.
It’s a hands on role, so will consist of leadership, architecture, and coding. We are a very collaborative culture, so in this position you should expect to lead architecture and decision making but recognize that the entire group will have input.
What you will be doing
- Oversee 2 to 3 product development workstreams, including managing managers
- Provide technical and non-technical leadership to the teams
- Guide technology decisions made by those groups and the team at large
- Lead architectural planning with the team
- Collaborate with other members of technology leadership to set and execute the technical direction
- Communicate with teams outside of Engineering and Product as technical leader
- Write code!
What you bring
- At least 10 years of software engineering experience
- Direct experience as a contributor and leader on an enterprise SaaS platform
- Strong command of Python
- Experience with web services and RESTful APIs
- Experience leading engineering teams of more than 10 engineers
- Experience working in an ever-changing agile environment
- Empathetic approach
- Exceptionally good communication skills
What else would be great
- Experience developing security tools or any type of security oriented background
- Experience with big data projects
- A bias towards end-user empathy when developing software
What we will provide:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, ability, and role responsibilities. Additional perks include health and welfare benefits, 401K, commuter benefits, a well-stocked kitchen, cool cultural initiatives and employee events.