Duetti was founded in 2022 with the mission of providing independent music artists with new financial alternatives. Our unique model unlocks immediate cash flow for a wide range of artists, allowing them to sell master catalogs, individual tracks, or even parts thereof, an opportunity previously only accessible to a small group of A-list artists.
We deploy a highly scalable data-centered approach to our catalog pricing and management, using innovative prediction and risk assessment methodologies, alongside cutting-edge optimization tactics.
Duetti was founded by Lior Tibon, former COO of TIDAL, and Christopher Nolte, former Business Development executive at Apple Music. We publicly launched in May 2023 with $32m of funding from Viola Ventures and Viola Credit, Roc Nation, and other investors. Duetti provided funding for over 60 independent artists, with up to $400,000 per deal.
We have offices in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami. We offer a competitive benefit package including healthcare coverage and flexible paid time off and paid sick leave policy. We currently operate a hybrid work model with a minimum of three set days a week in office in one of our three locations.
Join us as we embark on this transformative journey reshaping the financial landscape for artists. We offer an inspiring and familial yet ambitious work environment, where your expertise and creativity will contribute to reshaping the future of artist monetization and have an immediate tangible impact on artists’ lives.
As Duetti’s Head of Portfolio, you are responsible for the critical step of underwriting in our investment process, both in terms of executing by making investment decisions and building the tools, rules, and systems necessary to automate and productize this essential part of our business. You will be responsible for setting the final offer price on dozens of deals per month based on sophisticated data and risk analysis powered by our artificial intelligence, database and automation tools.
You will be at the forefront of music, at-scale alternative asset investing, and predictive analytics in finance. The role is well-suited for someone with a financial background looking to expand their impact in a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup environment.
- Make final offers and pricing decisions in a CIO-like capacity by analyzing music-related data and financial data
- Work closely with the founders on implementing and automating investment strategies and criteria
- Maintain an overview of the existing portfolio in order to evaluate impact of potential investments
- Work with the data, product, and founding teams to build out the existing underwriting toolset and processes
- Solve problems with sometimes imperfect data
- Work with the artist team to hit ambitious investment & signing targets
- 7+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, investing, or other relevant finance or professional services role
- Strong analytical problem solving mindset
- Ability to work with existing tools and processes while improving and creating new ones
- Strong understanding of DCF valuation and financial statistics
- Understanding of risk rating and underwriting
- An ability to work fast and smart while juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Proven attention to detail, strong work ethic and enthusiasm for working in an early stage start-up environment which requires “self starters” and problem solvers
- A love for music and culture, and a desire to be at the forefront of new business models for artists
- Ability to lead, collaborate and work autonomously in a dynamic start-up team environment with a positive can-do attitude
- Basic understanding of predictive analytics and machine learning a plus
- A basic understanding of the music industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field