The Head of Product Strategy, Pricing, and Strategic Marketing is a new role charged with managing three core areas that will be built out over time: 1) Product and Commercial strategy 2) Pricing policy and 3) Strategic Marketing. This seasoned leader will report to the Global Head of Product Strategy and Marketing and work closely with senior functional and regional managers across the division.
The ideal candidate will have a background in management consulting, B2B data and analytics experience in the financial services industry, with a demonstrated ability to articulate and implement strategy and demonstrated experience in marketing. The candidate is a team-player with a record of delivering results in a matrixed organization.
- Own the creation of long-term product strategy and plans across Index, Analytics, and Data products, client segments and regions, working closely with senior Product Management and Research leaders and key stakeholders across the Division
- Develop business cases in collaboration with the stakeholders in the division that maximize return on investment (ROI), via build, buy or partnership.
- Identify new products and solutions for key market segments.
Commercial Strategy and Policy:
- Own commercial policy and where appropriate develop commercial packages combining multiple products and solutions for more effective market penetration and competitor displacement.
- Oversee the customer analytics and insight function which builds datasets and conducts actionable commercial analysis
- Lead effective go-to-market plans together with Sales, Research, Marketing and Product Management to cross-sell and penetrate existing clients with expanded content offerings.
- Translate long-term strategic ambitions into clear, crisp messaging and oversee the development of marketing programs integrating the 3-5 year strategic visions for each product area
- Oversee strategic marketing plans for index, analytics, and data and ensure that messaging and positioning focus on the value created for key client segments.
- Partner with Marketing Implementation teams to translate marketing strategy into tangible programs and measurable marketing and business impact
- Financial acumen: Strong financial acumen and ability to join strategic plans with financial outcomes.
- Management: Managerial skills, managing team of direct reports and virtual team members across the matrix. Success managing global teams.
- Communications: Skilled in communicating and engaging with executives, senior management and the media both internally and externally. Excellent verbal, written and on-screen communication with ability to articulate complex issues effectively.
- Client focus and service mind-set: Understanding of client segments and ability to align with Sales and Service teams (expectation management, commercial awareness)
- Execution: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize effectively, handle multiple projects under tight deadlines, identify/ flag/resolve potential issues early on
- Collaboration: Thrives in a complex environment. Ability to influence and work through others to get things done in a matrixed, multi-site organization; willingness to help colleagues; openness to take on new responsibilities
- Self-motivated: Takes initiative and demonstrates a high level of enthusiasm
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Background in strategy / management consulting to the financial services industry. Ideally from a top-tier management consulting firm or internal strategy function of a financial services company.
- In-depth understanding and preferably background working for a financial information and market data provider; knowledge of the competitive landscape. Alternatively detailed understanding of key market segments including buy-side, sell-side, asset owners (e.g., DB, DC), and wealth managers
- Experience in interpreting market trends and transforming these into actionable business, product strategies, long term business plans.
- Experience in developing winning commercial strategies and policies that leverage a large portfolio of products and solutions.
- Demonstrated experience of turning product strategy into effective strategic marketing plans to drive awareness and consideration for brands
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in impactful roles relevant to this position
- MBA from reputable institution or undergraduate degree from top-10 US-based institution.
London Stock Exchange Group (LSE.L) is a diversified international market infrastructure and capital markets business sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. The Group can trace its history back to 1698.
The Group operates a broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS, Europe’s leading fixed income market; and Turquoise, a pan-European equities MTF. It is also home to one of the world’s leading growth markets for SMEs, AIM. Through its platforms, the Group offers international business and investors unrivalled access to Europe’s capital markets.
Post trade and risk management services are a significant part of the Group’s business operations. In addition to majority ownership of multi-asset global CCP operator, LCH Group, LSEG operates CC&G, the Italian clearing house; Monte Titoli, the T2S-ready European settlement business; and globeSettle, the Group’s newly established CSD based in Luxembourg.
The Group is a global leader in indexing and analytic solutions. FTSE Russell offers thousands of indexes that measure and benchmark markets around the world. The Group also provides customers with an extensive range of real time and reference data products, including SEDOL, UnaVista, and RNS.
London Stock Exchange Group is a leading developer of high performance trading platforms and capital markets software for customers around the world. In addition to the Group’s own markets, over 35 other organisations and exchanges use the Group’s MillenniumIT trading, surveillance and post trade technology.
Headquartered in London, with significant operations in North America, Italy, France and Sri Lanka, the Group employs approximately 4,700 people.