About Marshall Wace:
Marshall Wace is a leading provider of alternative investment solutions with approximately $63 billion of assets under management (“AUM”) and over 400 employees worldwide including London, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong. One of our founding beliefs is that technology and data are at the core of the business allowing us to build and maintain cutting edge hardware and software solutions.
The technology team is lean and has a culture that encourages interaction across all areas of the business on a global scale. Our aim is to use the best tool for the job therefore there is the opportunity to be constantly learning and use modern technologies.
At Marshall Wace, all our teams strive to push boundaries and think innovatively creating an environment that is fast paced, dynamic and successful. Click here to view our first open-source project for a glimpse into our culture, projects and types of technologies we work with.
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic, and highly motivated individual to join the global Production Engineering team. This role enjoys a diverse mixture of responsibilities with a high level of interaction with portfolio managers, key stakeholders and other teams within technology.
The three main elements of the position include:
- Incident response
- Tactical development for tooling, monitoring and automation utilizing languages including PowerShell, Python, SQL and .Net
- Work closely with development and platform teams, both locally and globally, to solve problems and provide solutions
- Work collaboratively with production engineering as well as other teams within the business to transition away from 1st to 3rd line IT infrastructure support towards automation
- Act as escalation contact for mission critical applications and drive solutions with complete end-to-end ownership
- Maintain the highest levels of systems availability (mostly proprietary applications) firmwide
- High level of interaction with traders, portfolio managers, and other key stakeholders across the business
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a large, complex technical landscape, with both modern and legacy systems written in multiple languages and architectures
- An SRE mindset and awareness of GitOps deployment model
- Experience with scripting in Python and/or Powershell
- Working knowledge in data and related technologies (SQL, Snowflake, Elasticsearch, S3)
- Demonstrated Experience in managing and troubleshooting Windows and Linux on premise and in the cloud