Futurestay is an award winning operating system for short-term rental owners and managers. Our product empowers our customers (“rentalpreneurs”) to start and grow thriving businesses in the rapidly scaling $120B short-term rental industry. You will join a fast growing and highly talented engineering team that’s creating the next generation of software to meet this massive market opportunity. As a Senior Back-end Engineer you will work on developing the core of our platform, focusing on software architecture, reliability, performance and code reusability. The position offers opportunity for professional growth, freedom to execute in a fast moving, non bureaucratic environment and to be part of a highly talented, energized team.
*** This role is 100% remote ***
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- 5+ years of Java experience
- Strong OOP and functional programming knowledge
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities – transforming business requirements into technical solutions
- Strong experience creating reliable, performant and well-documented APIs
- Solid relational database knowledge
- Synchronous vs. asynchronous design concepts, eventual consistency
- Experience working as part of the team and writing documentation in Confluence
- Strong technical opinions loosely held – you need to have convictions, but willing to change your mind.
- Quarkus framework experience
- Experience with non-relational databases, queues and high-concurrency implementations
- Fast-paced early stage startup experience
- BS in CS or equivalent work experience