Marshall Wace is a leading provider of alternative investment solutions with approximately $60 billion of assets under management (“AUM”) and over 500 employees worldwide including London, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong. One of our founding beliefs is that technology and data are at the core of the business allowing us to build and maintain cutting edge hardware and software solutions.
The technology team is lean and has a culture that encourages interaction across all areas of the business on a global scale. Our aim is to use the best tool for the job therefore there is the opportunity to be constantly learning and use modern technologies.
At Marshall Wace, all our teams strive to push boundaries and think innovatively creating an environment that is fast paced, dynamic and successful. Click here to view our open-source projects for a glimpse into our culture, projects and types of technologies we work with.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated New York based Full Stack Developer to join our Global Development team that spans across Hong-Kong, London and New York. The team works very closely with our business users (Traders, Portfolio Managers, Analysts etc.) and this role represents a great opportunity for someone to come in and learn a lot about the business and work on a variety of systems. This role will suit someone that enjoys direct business interaction, is delivery focused and works well under pressure.
There is a growing demand for solving Big Data problems, building our systems in Windows and Linux environments that are hosted on our internal Openshift cluster.
The three main elements of the position include:
- Designing and building new systems.
- Improving performance and increasing scalability.
- Continuously learning the latest technologies.
- Taking responsibility for writing high-quality, testable code on various platforms.
- Performance optimisation of .NET applications and SQL.
- Evaluating cutting-edge technologies and integrating effectively into our in-house systems.
- Responding to and fixing Production issues.
- Contributing to and offering ideas to System Architecture Design discussions.
- A passion for development and demonstratable experience of working with a variety of platforms.
- Broad technical knowledge and excellent communication skills, credible across full technology stack.
- Ability to work without close supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- The capacity to deal with ambiguity and change and adapt to the businesses’ needs.
- Capability to build positive and collaborative relationships with colleagues across teams and geographies.
- Financial Markets experience – Equities, FX, Options, & Fixed Income trading
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional object-oriented development skills (C# .Net background preferable)
- SQL Server and data analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of object orientated programming, computing fundamentals and data structures
- Ability to deliver all aspects of a project from start to finish unassisted
- Experience with test driven development and continuous integration
- Ability to pick up systems/new technologies and quickly get up to speed
- Ability to diagnose faults and remedy under time pressure
Additional beneficial skills or experience:
- Experience with stream processing (Kafka, Flink)
- Experience with dbt, Snowflake, Airflow
- Experience with other programming languages Python, Java, Scala, F#
- Kubernetes/OpenShift/Docker, helm templates