Technical Program Managers (TPM) serve as both solution designer and project manager within Core Engineering and help execute on cross-functional programs that increase the effectiveness of company operations. TPM’s partner with Business Managers, translating strategy into executable operational plans and mechanisms. They also work with the company’s business leaders, internal Core Engineering teams, and external vendors to execute large scale firm wide technology initiatives.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Successful candidates have demonstrated the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and passion for scaling technology operations across multiple disciplines and activities. This position requires strong business judgment, problem solving, and excellent communication skills. A track record of delivering results in a fast paced, dynamic environment is a must.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience driving, executing, and delivering large scale technology projects, whether as a consultant in a top-tier technology consulting organization or as a TPM in a multinational technology company.
- Self-starter who can deliver high-quality results in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience defining project scope, timeline, cost and risk, including building business cases and other analytical assessments.
- Experience driving technical solution design and developing solution alternatives across infrastructure disciplines.
- Ability to make sense of ambiguity, define and plan programs in a fast paced and highly technical organization, and secure buy in from internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to influence others without direct authority, reach alignment and obtain commitments from teams with different priorities and constraints to successfully achieve program goals.
- Extensive hands-on experience working across multiple disciplines with a proven track record of being able to learn new technologies and contribute to ideas and initiatives.
- Ability to establish cross functional, collaborative relationships.
- Strong execution and results focus. Willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
Advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.