Vice President, UX & Design
TheLadders helps people improve their careers.
TheLadders is an essential tool for career planning and management because of the awareness it provides to professionals about their own market. It is key that professionals comprehend the demand and size of their market, in addition to their own personal standing within that market, in order to effectively plan and manage their own career path and wellbeing.
With over eight million professional members and over 300,000 high-salary, full-time open positions posted at any given time, TheLadders has the ability to process significant amounts of insightful data to shape their product offerings for proactive career improvement. Their talented team of engineers and data scientists is creating new personalized, data-driven solutions to provide professionals with a multi-channel experience with even more insight for effective career planning, management and ultimately, growth.
With such significant necessity for their offerings in the market today, TheLadders is currently seeking a seasoned UX/Design professional to lead the creation of a fresh and intelligent user experience for the launch of their new solutions. The company is making a splash in the online career management and recruiting space with enhanced offerings and an enticing new UX design across all devices (desktop, mobile, etc.).
Responsibilities of the VP, UX & Design:
- Own UX design, user discovery, research, visual design and usage analysis for our most important mobile and web products
- Own development of all user experience maps and leverage all our data and product assets to creating engaging solutions for each of these experiences
- Lead and manage a team of 4 – 6 UX and visual designers
- Partner with Product Managers to define, debate, defend, iterate, and communicate strategy and roadmap
- Implement and be held accountable to usage and growth metrics
- Leverage data-based visualizations to educate and converse with members of our eco-system
- Contributing to the development of a leading “best in class” UX discipline
- Establish performing teams, to question status quo, innovate and consistently test to learn user needs, and related solutions
- Help professionals get in the habit to managing their careers
Basic Qualifications of the VP, UX & Design:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Visual Design or a related field
- 7+ years in UX and interaction design, with experience in mobile and web
- 2+ years managing and leading UX teams
- Experience being part of a UX team that has demonstrated clear product/market fit, and experienced quantifiable user growth or increased growth trajectory as a result of UX research and designs
Preferred Qualifications of The VP, UX & Design:
- Fluency in how social products engage and grow
- You’re a champion for user research and design
- You take ownership, define your goal and path to that goal, and want to be held accountable to measurable results
- You’re looking for an engineer team-driven organization, where the “building teams” (engineers, product, UX, data science) are our biggest and fastest growing teams
- At least one of your references is a great engineer or product manager who would love to work with you again
- You want to invent and build something new
TheLadders offers full benefits, unlimited vacation, competitive compensation, and rewarding work in partnership with motivated and innovative professionals.