VP of Finance
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting Structure: Reports to Executive Committee and CEO
Who we are
Prodigy Network is one of the world’s leading real estate crowdfunding platforms. Prodigy provides investors from around the world with the opportunity to invest in institutional quality real estate. Prodigy Network is a vertically integrated investment platform that finances, develops and manages directly or indirectly each of its properties. Prodigy Network also created The Assemblage; the first co-working, co-living and social event spaces crowdfunded by its members. Individuals from 27 countries provided over $150 Million of the total $400 Million needed for the construction of the initial three buildings in New York City.
For more information about Prodigy Network, please visit: www.prodigynetwork.com
For more information about The Assemblage, please visit: www.theassemblage.com
The VP of Finance is responsible for overseeing the finance and accounting department of both Prodigy Network and The Assemblage. Prodigy Network currently manages seven distinct funds that are structured through a leveraged blocker complex to enable tax efficient investment in real estate from international and domestic clients. The Assemblage will manage two properties consisting of approximately 100,000 SF of collaborative workspace and event space along with approximately 80 hotel units by year end 2017.
The VP of Finance will be responsible for building and overseeing an efficient finance and accounting team to support the growth of the company through improved financial processes and the implementation of internal controls. The VP of Finance will manage day-to-day accounting and payables functions, including financial reporting, treasury, risk management, internal controls, and tax compliance for Prodigy Network, its managed funds, and its managed properties. The position requires an in-depth understanding of real estate private equity, property accounting, general financial accounting policies, procedures and best practices, as well as a general understanding of accounting information systems.
- Oversee and constantly improve daily operations of the finance and accounting department ( e.g day-to-day accounting and payables functions, including financial reporting, treasury, risk management, internal controls, and tax compliance on both corporate and project levels, etc.)
- Oversee and manage cash flow projections and budget / actual variance reports for Prodigy Network, The Assemblage and each managed fund complex.
- Oversee and manage the construction budgets reported to the company by each property manager, construction manager and/or developer.
- Establish, analyze and monitor GAAP financials for Prodigy Network, The Assemblage and each managed fund complex to enable timely month-end, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Manage annual financial and operational audits for Prodigy Network, The Assemblage and each managed fund complex and their associated underlying assets.
- Oversee the integration of finance-related activities in the back-office platform, developed by our in-house technology team.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals
- Manage and oversee third-party administrator, NES Financial
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements for each fund complex in accordance with offering documents.
- Develop, document and implement company-wide accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Effectively communicate financial reports and financial planning needs to the executive team with well-thought out recommendations and strategies/
Knowledge, Education, Skills and Abilities
- At least 10 years of accounting experience and at least 3 years of accounting experience at a real estate private equity
- Interest and understanding of the fintech industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit; willingness and ability to work in a fast paced “start-up” environment
- Doer: Ability to execute and “roll up their sleeves”
- Ability to clearly communicate both quantitative and qualitative financial information to management to enable efficient decision making
- Efficient and organized; ability to work on many projects at the same time and prioritize
- 15 Paid Vacation Days
- Paid personal time off (PTO): 2 Days
- Prodigy Network offers excellent benefits upon your second month of employment including medical, dental, vision, EAP, and 401K