Our client, a VC Backed Luxury E-Commerce platform with 25 employees and growing, is hiring a VP of Product Management, to lead the execution of an ambitious roadmap of exciting product developments and innovations. You will use creativity and an analytical approach to crack the code in discovery shopping for the luxury industry online. You will partner with our CEO on product strategy, lead product management across the company, strategize with the management team, and participate at board of directors meetings. You will partner with our engineering teams on defining, iterating, and executing new features across our web and mobile platforms. The company is backed by an impressive roster of investors and advisors from luxury, technology, e-commerce, media, and high finance. The ideal candidate should be data driven, appreciate strong design, question the world and human behavior, know how to build strong product teams and processes, and most importantly have strong intuition about consumer behavior on the web and in mobile.
Created by two MIT alums, our client is a discovery shopping destination for curated lifestyle products from around the world. They are backed by Japan-based Rakuten and 2 venture-capital firms: First Mark Capital and DCM, along with John Mack (former CEO of Morgan Stanley). Additional backers include the Chairman of LVMH North America and CEO of Net-A-Porter. They were featured in The WSJ, The NY Times, Glamour, InStyle, & named a Top 5 Online Luxury Merchandiser. Most recently they launched internationally to 100+ countries in February. Curators include various personalities and experts such as Tim Gunn, chef Daniel Boulud, filmmaker Wendi Murdoch, make-up artist Bobbi Brown, model Petra Nemcova, designer Donna Karan, wellness guru Deepak Chopra, as well as stylists, designers, and editors.
- Reporting to the Head of Product, will lead Product Management for a leading VC Backed E-commerce platform.
- Lead internal design, UX, and product teams and freelancers to deliver a superior online and mobile experience for our users and luxury brands.
Work with development to communicate requirements through technical implementation. Design task flows, work with IA / UX designers to create detailed schematics/wireframes.
- Produce detailed requirements based on marketing goals.
Assist creative and marketing in prototyping and conducting usability and focus group research.
- Evaluate new technologies to constantly improve the user experience.
Use key product metrics to track effectiveness of interaction design efforts.
Conduct competitive analysis and identify areas for differentiation.
Define requirements based on market and product interdependence needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7+ years Web Product Management experience focused on product requirements definition and elaboration for Consumer facing web and mobile products.
- Knowledge of user-centered design processes, interaction design approaches, Web, Mobile and CRM design best practices and Web standards.
- Strong management experience across product, design, UX and related entrepreneurial and creative ability required to inspire and lead and grow a very strong team
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and excel under pressure.
- Dependability, organization & ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.